This list was read at our Elders Quorum date-night party on Feb. 10, 2007...and by popular demand...I have posted the following:
Top Ten reasons I hope to have a Mormon President
By David Alvord
10. So that the "National Cathedral" can be renamed the "National Tabernacle"
9. So NASA will comission a satellite to hie to Kolob
8. The Secret Service will be changed to the Sacred Service
7. All official government prayers to include the phrase: "that we all get home safely"
6. So that Napoleon Dynamite's endorsement does more that get Pedro elected
5. To have a President who can not only explain things in Layman's terms but also in Lemuel's terms
4. An exchange of presidential pardons for 100% home teaching
3. Finally a President who can not only pronounce the word "nuclear", but can also say "mahonri-moriancumr" and "maher-shalal-hash-baz"
2. At inauguration he will place his hand on the bible "as far as it is translated correctly"
1. To have a first family large enough to occupy all the rooms of the White House