Friday, January 26, 2007

Borg Queen Hillary may unite America around Mitt


By David Alvord
-
Hillary Clinton has announced that she will run for president! I got chills as I watched her make the announcement on the web. But it wasn't warm fuzzy chills...it was more like the chills you get when you are tied to a chair and spiders are crawling up your legs. I remember feeling the same emotion while watching Star Trek; First Contact. In the movie, the "Borg Queen" tries to seduce Capitan Picard...and promises to share her power with him. It was a scene that must have resembled Hillary's marriage proposal to Bill. While Hillary talked about "having a conversation" with the American people, I couldn't help wondering if her next line would be "if not...you will be assimilated". And when it comes to the other democratic challengers, I hate to say it but "resistance is futile".
-
We all know that the Clinton's wield enormous political power...and unless the democrats can produce someone more compelling than the junior smokin' senator from Illinois, Hillary is going to get the party nomination. After all, to most democrats, it is Hillary's God-given right to be president. It's her party and she can cry if she wants to! And just like the Borg Queen...conservatives are scared to death of a Hillary presidency! The Republicans will need to nominate someone who can match Hillary's rhetorical prowess. They will need someone who has successfully sailed in liberal waters and knows the democratic play book. They will need that individual who can articulate conservative values in a persuasive and intelligent manner. I can think of no better candidate to take on Hillary than our own Mitt Romney! Hillary Clinton may be the one adversary that will be scary enough to unite all Christians. Baptists united with Catholics. Mormons united with Evangelicals. Is America ready for a Mormon president? If he can defeat Hillary, America may just have room for a Mormon after all!

2 comments:

Erick Erickson said...

Okay, I'm not there with you on Mitt, though I did appreciate you stopping by my site to comment on the twerp Huckabee.

But I have to give you a standing O for this. I think I'm going to have to adopt the Borg Queen as the official RedState mascot for Hillary Clinton.

Well done, Doc.

Anonymous said...

I support Hillary 100% You rock my world babe. She's an inspiration to us all!!!!!